Sunday, 25 July 2010

Shoulder & Biscornu Issues

I still haven't done any stitching - again - my shoulder has been playing me up something chronic for pretty much the last month, and the doctor's advised rest, so my stitching has suffered for it unfortunately. I went to see my consultant on Tuesday and he said they could operate, but the chances of my EDS interfering with the success of the operation long term were too high, so the operation is a no-go. I can see his point, but I still think that it even being better in the short-term would be preferrable to the amount of pain it can cause me. But the buck, so to speak, stops with him. So it's rest and pain killers...

The mini-biscornu I did for the exchange at CSF never arrived in Australia so I'm currently working through stitching another one. Hopefully I'll be able to post it to Toni this week. Here are the pictures of the one I orginally sent



I'm really disappointed that it never arrived because I was really happy with the result even though it was a pain in the butt to do (being only 20x20 stitches) and I'd never done one before. I kinda threw myself in at the deep end. Still, can't do anything about it now.

Hopefully my shoulder will be feeling better after another week's rest and I'll be able to get some more stitching done on my main pieces. I miss them terribly.

TTFN

3 comments:

mags said...

Hope your shoulder is better soon. Shame the biscornu got lost, its gorgeous.
mags

Es said...

Thanks mags! It was a really nice biscornu, and a shame it got lost, but I guess you take the risk with anything you send overseas. I've stitched up the new one and will be posting about it soon :) Thanks for visiting, and commenting :)

Pumpkin said...

Es, I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder :o( I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't stitch. I hope something will work out soon.

What a cute Biscornu! That sucks when things like this get lost in the mail >:o(

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it :o)